TXCPA Members - Please login using the "TXCPA Login" Button Below
TXCPA Accounting Education Foundation Scholarship
The generosity of Texas CPAs allows the TXCPA Accounting Education Foundation to fund scholarships to Texas college students. Recipients are accounting majors at a Texas college or university and have the intent of becoming a Texas Certified Public Accountant and entering the accounting profession upon graduation. They must have a high cumulative college GPA and perform well in accounting classes.
To be considered for an Accounting Education Foundation scholarship, a student must:
- Attend an eligible college or university in Texas or be enrolled in an accounting program at a community college in Texas that has been awarded the designation to offer Qualifying Education Credit for CPA Examination by the Texas State Board of Public Accountancy (TSBPA)
- Be nominated by the chair (or their chosen designee) of school currently attended.
- Be an accounting major with the intent of becoming a Texas Certified Public Accountant and entering the accounting profession upon graduation. The student is expected to be enrolled as a full-time college student (at least 12 semester credit hours each semester for undergraduate students/at least 9 semester credit hours each semester for graduate students). A student enrolled in an approved community college program is expected to be enrolled in at least 9 semester credit hours.
- Have satisfactorily completed at least 110 semester credit hours of college-level courses by August 31, 2022 and graduate no earlier than spring 2023.
- Have completed 21 semester credit hours of accounting courses required of accounting majors by August 31, 2022.
- Have an Accounting GPA of 3.6 or more on a 4.0 scale.
- File an Application of Intent to sit for the CPA Exam with the Texas State Board of Public Accountancy.
- Be a Student Member of the Texas Society of CPAs (TXCPA) or have submitted a new Student Member application.
Submit an Application